To Make the Shortbread Rounds
Roll the shortbread dough 2 mm/1/16 in thick. Cut into 150 rounds 30 mm/1¼ in, and bake at 177°C/350°F until lightly browned. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
To Make the Marshmallow
- Hydrate the gelatin by stirring it into the 60 g of cold water.
- Mix the 90 g of sugar and dried egg whites together. Whisk into the 150 g of cold water in the bowl of a 5-qt planetary mixer with a whip attachment, but do not begin whipping.
- Combine the 600 g of sugar, glucose syrup, water, and honey in a saucepan. Cook to 112°C/234°F.
- Begin whipping the egg white mixture on high speed.
- Continue cooking the sugar mixture to 120°C/248°F. Remove from the heat, and slowly stream the hot sugar mixture into the whipping whites.
- Continue whipping on high speed for 4 minutes or until well aerated.
- While the whipping continues, melt the hydrated gelatin over a water bath. Add the gelatin to the whites and whip 2 minutes more, until stiff peaks form. Add the vanilla extract.
- Place the marshmallow in a pastry bag fitted with a no. 4 round tip. Pipe a dome on top of each shortbread round. Allow to set for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- When completely set, dip each piece in the tempered dark chocolate. When the chocolate has set completely, use a paper cone to pipe a spiral of tempered dark chocolate onto each piece.