To Prepare the Molds
Line 6 candy bar molds with tempered dark chocolate. (See Shell-Molding Technique and Theory.)
To Make the Coconut Filling
- Combine the 50 g of water, invert sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Combine the 280 g of glucose syrup, sugar, and 110 g of water in a saucepan and cook to 112°C/234°F.
- Mix half the coconut with the sugar mixture. Combine well.
- Add the frappe to the coconut-sugar mixture and mix well. (If the frappe has been in storage, warming it slightly makes this step easier.)
- Add the remaining half of the coconut. Mix until homogeneous. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Press 25 g/1 oz of the coconut mixture into the cavity of each mold, leaving room for the rum ganache layer as well as for sealing. Set aside.
To Make the Rum Ganache
- Combine the 140 g of cream, milk, and glucose syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot cream mixture over the chopped dark chocolate and let sit for 1 minute to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Using a spoon or spatula, stir in vigorous small circles outward to emulsify.
- Stir outward in larger circles to spread the emulsion throughout the bowl, checking to see that all of the chocolate has melted. If necessary, heat the ganache over a hot water bath to melt the chocolate. The temperature of the ganache should not exceed 34°C/93°F.
- Stream in the rum, stirring until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Pour the ganache into a hotel pan, covering the bottom of the pan with a thin layer. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ganache. Allow to cool to 27°C/80°F.
To Complete the Bimini Bars
- Transfer the ganache to a pastry bag fitted with a no. 2 round tip, and pipe the ganache on top of the coconut, leaving 2mm/1/16 in at the top of the molds for sealing. Tap the molds on the table to level the contents.
- Allow the ganache to set completely, then seal the molds with the tempered dark chocolate. (See Shell-Molding Technique and Theory.) Allow the bars to crystallize at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate the sealed molds for about 20 minutes, until the chocolate pulls away from the inside of the molds.
- Place a piece of stiff cardboard over each mold and invert to release the finished bars.