Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 4-5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 red chili, seeded and chopped
- 1½ oz dried shrimps, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes
- 2 dried scallops, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes, finely chopped
- 6 celery stalks, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat a wok over high heat, add the vegetable oil and stir in the shrimp paste. Add the garlic and chili and stir fry for less than 1 minute. Add the dried shrimps and dried scallops and stir fry for less than 1 minute. Add the celery stalks and stir fry for about 2 minutes. Stir in the oyster sauce and sugar and serve immediately.
© 2006 Ching-He Huang. All rights reserved.