Baking Time: 10–15 minutes
- 30 ml olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 150 g wild mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g Basic Rough Puff Pastry
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 100 g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Salt crystals and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme, for garnishing
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan and sauté the mushrooms for 10–15 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until 2 mm thick. Using a large scone cutter, cut the pastry into eight tarts and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Brush the pastry tarts with the egg yolk and top evenly with sautéed mushrooms and crumbled goat’s cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and bake for 10–15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Garnish with thyme and serve hot or at room temperature.
© 2018 All rights reserved. Published by Struik.