Taylor’s, important independent port shipper and a key part of the fladgate partnership. The original firm of port shippers was established in 1692 by Job Bearsley, and his son Bartholomew bought Casa dos Alambiques at Salgueiral near Régua, the first known British port shipper’s property in the douro Valley. Between then and 1844 there were no fewer than 21 name changes. However, with the arrival of Joseph Taylor in 1816, John (later Baron) Fladgate in 1837, and Morgan Yeatman in 1844, the company assumed the name Taylor, Fladgate, & Yeatman, Taylor’s for short. See The fladgate partnership for more details.