Curry Paste (Makes 10 Portions)
- 500 g green bird’s eye chili
- 500 g shallots, thinly sliced
- 500 g garlic, thinly sliced
- 200 g galangal, thinly sliced
- 400 g lemon grass, thinly sliced
- 120 g shrimp paste
- 100 g kaffir lime fruit skin
- 1 litre coconut milk
- 200 g green curry paste
- 600 g skinless chicken breasts, cut across into 5mm thick slices
- 20 g white sugar
- 60 g fish sauce
- 40 g sweet basil leaves
- 80 g small round aubergine
- 100 g chaopraya aubergine
- 20 g red chilli, seeds removed, cut matchstick size
- 20 g kaffir lime leaves
- Thai basil
- 100 ml coconut cream
- Pound the chili and the rest of the ingredients with a mortar and pestle to a fine paste.
- Heat a wok, add cooking oil and add the curry paste. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat the coconut milk in a pot over a medium heat, add the green curry paste and cook together.
- Add the chicken, season with sugar and the fish sauce.
- Stir until well combined, then add the sweet basil followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Boil together for 5 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, top with fresh Thai basil and coconut cream.
- Serve immediately accompanied by white or black Jasmine rice.
Chef Magazine / Issue 28 / April / 2013
© 2015 All rights reserved. Published by Chef Media.