- Olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 8-oz. can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch (mix with reserved pineapple juice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Select Sauté mode on the Instant Pot. Add just enough olive oil to lightly coat bottom of the pot.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pot and sauté for 2 minutes, or until they have a little color on them.
- Pour chicken stock into the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Use a quick steam release to release the pressure.
- Once steam is released, remove lid. Add onion slices, bell pepper, green onions, pineapple chunks, sugar, red wine vinegar, and the cornstarch/pineapple juice mixture. Stir to incorporate everything.
- Pressure cook on low for 5 minutes and use a quick-release method to release the pressure.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve sweet-and-sour chicken mixture over rice. Use the Basic White Rice or Basic Brown Rice recipe.