- 2 cups chopped fresh parsley (stems removed)
- 2 cups diced celery
- ½ cup water
- 2 pounds ground veal
- 1 to 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, crushed with mortar and pestle
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ cup (about 2 slices) soft bread crumbs
- Butter for greasing pan or mold
- Tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Blend the parsley with celery and water in a food processor or blender until fine. Add mixture to veal. Add pepper, egg, salt, and crumbs. Mix well.
- Turn mixture into a greased 9 × 5 × 3-inch loaf pan or a greased 1-quart gelatin mold. Bake 2 hours, or until meat shrinks from sides of pan. Serve with tomato sauce.