- 2 cups fish broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ pound tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Put the fish broth and wine in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook down to about ¼ cup. Set aside.
- Peel and core the tomatoes. Cut each tomato in half and squeeze to extract and discard most of the seeds and juicy pulp. Chop the tomatoes. There should be about 1¼ cups.
- Heat half the butter in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook until wilted.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook down until most of the liquid has disappeared, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the cream to the cooked-down fish broth. Cook over high heat about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked tomato mixture. Cook down about 1 minute. Set aside closely covered until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, reheat and swirl in the remaining butter. Stir in the chopped parsley.