- Eggs (4 yolks and 3 whites)
- castor sugar ½ lb.
- butter ¼ lb.
- some rich pastry.
- Line some patty pans with rich pastry.
- Cover the bottom with a thin layer of strawberry jam; now make the following mixture.
- Put the butter into a brass or aluminium pan.
- Let it boil up.
- Skim it carefully.
- While boiling stir into it the eggs and sugar beaten up together; again beat all well together.
- Place a thick layer of this mixture on the strawberry jam.
- And bake until it is delicately brown.