- 12 ounces (340 g) granulated sugar
- 1 pound 12 ounces (795 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature, or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 pounds 2 ounces (970 g) bread flour
- Place the sugar, butter or margarine, eggs, and vanilla in a mixing bowl; mix at low speed with the dough hook just until combined.
- Add the flour and mix only until the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough on a paper-lined sheet pan; press out as flat as possible so that the dough takes up less space and cools quickly.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to work with, about 30 minutes.