Yield: 2 cobblers, 10 inches in diameter, or
- 1 pound 4 ounces (570 g) granulated sugar
- 2 ounces (55 g) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon (1.5 g) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 quarts (1 L 920 ml) or 3 pounds (1 kg 365 g) blueberries
- Cobbler Topping
- Crème Fraîche, sweetened whipped cream, or ice cream
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gradually stir in the water. Bring the mixture to a full boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the berries between 2 cake pans, 10 inches (25 cm) in diameter. Pour the hot liquid over the fruit.
- Bake uncovered at 400°F(205°C) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and dollop the cobbler topping over the fruit.
- Continue baking until the topping is golden brown and baked through, about 15 minutes longer. Serve warm with crème fraîche, whipped cream, or ice cream.