- 2 pounds 8 ounces (1 kg 135 g) strawberries (approximately 3 dry pints/1 L 440 ml)
- ½ cup (120 ml) orange liqueur
- ½ cup (120 ml) simple syrup
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 2 medium, ripe mangoes, approximately 1 pound 8 ounces (680 g)
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Cut the fruit into small, evenly sized wedges or cubes.
- Place the strawberries in a bowl and add the liqueur, simple syrup, and water. Toss to combine and coat the fruit pieces with the liquid. Set aside to macerate for 1 to 2 hours (see Chef’s Tip).
- Peel the mangoes and cut the flesh away from the stones. Cut the fruit into small attractive cubes, not slices. Place the mango cubes in a bowl (not with the strawberries); cover and reserve.
- At serving time, combine the strawberries and mangoes to order as directed in the main recipe.