Salted Liquorice Macadamias
- Blitz the juice stick in a spice grinder with the salt.
- Sprinkle liberally over the macadamias with the water.
- Toss to coat then bake at 150°C for 10 minutes or so until golden.
- Cool, coarsely crush and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Pomegranate Molasses Roast Red Onion
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl then tip in to a parchment lined roasting dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove the foil, mix well and continue to roast for another 5 minutes or so until the onion is tender and beginning to caramelise.
- Cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Put the vinegar, water, demerera sugar, salt, tonka beans, peppercorns, ginger and chilli into a pot and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for a minute or two then add the rhubarb.
- Take off the heat, cover with a lid and leave to cool. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Whisk all ingredients together and season to taste.