Carrot and Miso Purée
- Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan. When it begins to bubble add the shallots, thyme and ginger.
- When these begin to soften add the carrots and gently cook with a lid on for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and a slosh of water and continue to cook over low heat stirring from time to time until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the miso and then purée the carrots in batches in a liquidizer until silky smooth.
Alexanders and Tomatillo Salsa
Mix the tomatillo, alexanders, lime, shallot, vinegar, herbs and extra virgin olive oil together and season to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Heat the olive oil and butter over moderate heat in a heavy bottomed frying pan large enough to comfortably accommodate the fish.
- Once the butter has stopped bubbling, season the pollack pieces and place skin side down into the pan. Fry gently for 4 minutes or so until the skin is crisp and golden-brown.
- Squeeze over a little lemon juice then transfer the pan to the oven and cook for an additional 4 – 5 minutes basting in the pan juices a couple of times until the pollack is just cooked through. This will depend on the size of the fillet but it is done when the flesh is opaque and on the verge of flaking.