Wash and trim the chicken of excess fat, remove the wishbone. Blanch the chicken in boiling water for two minutes to remove and congeal protein to prevent the liquor clouding.
- Place the chicken and the all the herbs, less half the coriander, into the boiling water, bring back to the boil and simmer slowly for two hours.
- Add the whole carrots, onions and mushrooms and simmer gently for one hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the chicken, allow to cool slightly and with a carving fork and knife, shred the chicken into large pieces. Remove the whole vegetables and coarsely slice them, except the mushrooms.
- Drain the chicken broth through a fine chinois into a clean pot, add the KNORR Chicken Stock Reduction and soy sauce, whisk in and add the chicken and sliced vegetables.
- Add the remaining coriander and serve as a hearty soup with chunks of granary bread.
Use corn-fed chicken or guinea fowl for more flavour.