Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 15–20 minutes
- 150 g butter, at room temperature
- 400 g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters, for decorating
- 100s and 1000s, for decorating
- Once you have prepared the basic sponge cake batter, fold the chopped Bar Ones into the mixture.
- Bake either as a slab cake in a well-greased roasting pan or in a 20 cm springform cake tin, as per the Basic Sponge Cake recipe.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sifted icing sugar gradually until well combined. Add a splash of hot water and add the vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Ice the cake and then, using the heart-shaped cookie cutters as a template, decorate with 100s and 1000s.
© 2018 All rights reserved. Published by Struik.