- 2 cups strained, cooked pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Unbaked pastry for a 9-inch, I-crust pie
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the pumpkin, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, sugar, ginger, and salt. Gradually add the milk and beat with a rotary beater or blend thoroughly in an electric blender. Stir in the eggs and the cream.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry and pour in the pumpkin mixture. Bake 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.