Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Lentils 200 g
- Onion studded with 4 cloves 1
- Carrots 2
- Smoked streaky bacon pieces 100 g
- Celery stalk 1
- Fresh coriander 3 sprigs
- Chives 10 sprigs
- French shallot 1
- Walnut oil 4 tablespoons
- Amora ‘Savora’ sauce (sweet mustardy sauce) 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt
- Peel the carrots and chop them into small cubes.
- Put the lentils in boiling water with the carrot dice, bacon pieces and the onion and cook for 20 minutes (the lentils must still be firm). Drain, rinse and remove the onion.
- Cut the celery into small cubes, pick the leaves off the coriander, snip the chives into 1 cm lengths, and peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Season the lentils with sea salt, add the walnut oil and Savora sauce, then mix all of the herbs and celery with the lentils.
Wine: Côtes-d’Auvergne Rouge
© 2008 All rights reserved. Published by Murdoch Books.