These may be prepared in any of the three following ways:
- Trim some small slices of salmon, cutlet shape; poach them carefully in a buttered dish with white wine and lemon juice and place to cool under light pressure. Coat with white fish Sauce Chaud-froid, lightly decorate and glaze with Fish Aspic Jelly.
- Mould a pyramid of Vegetable Salad bound with Mayonnaise on a dish and arrange the cutlets around the sides.
- Serve accompanied with Sauce Mayonnaise.
- Well butter some small cutlet moulds and line each with a slice of very red salmon previously flattened thin and overlapping the edges of the mould by approximately 1½ cm (⅗ in). Fill the mould with the well seasoned trimmings of salmon and fold over the edges of the slice so as to completely enclose them. Place on a tray and cook dry in a slow oven or in a steamer.
- Demould the cutlets on to a tray, allow to cool, decorate neatly and carefully with peas, chervil, lobster, coral etc. The decoration must be very neat and simple. Glaze with clear White Fish Aspic Jelly.
- Mould a pyramid of Vegetable Salad bound with Mayonnaise on a dish, arrange the cutlets upright around it and insert a garnished decorative skewer in the centre of the vegetable mould. Alternatively, the cutlets may be arranged in a circle in a slightly deep glass or silver dish and covered with clear jelly.
- These cutlets which are served mainly at ball suppers can also be presented in a large silver bowl or on a base of rice, semolina, cornflour or stearin; whichever form the presentation takes the cutlets should always be accompanied with a cold sauce.
- Proceed in the same way as for Côtelettes de Homard Arkangel replacing the lobster flesh and Mousseline forcemeat with salmon flesh and Mousseline forcemeat.