- 2–3 lb leg of lamb or sirloin beef cut into very small pieces – the size of tiny new potatoes
- Ask the butcher to give you some pieces of lamb or beef fat too.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Marinate the meat for 24 hours.
- Heat up the coal barbecue until it is past the very hot stage and glowing.
- Thread the meat and fat on to skewers, alternating them, no more than four to five pieces and spread out.
- Cook slowly for at least fifteen minutes, turn