- 2 cups groundnuts with the skins on, roasted for five to seven minutes in the oven – 325°F, 170°C, gas mark 3 – until they release their aroma and change colour slightly
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Grind the groundnuts to small-chunk size – some will turn to powder, it doesn’t matter at all.
- Mix the dry ingredients, then bind with oil, milk and egg.
- Grease and flour a flattish baking tin, and press dough flat into it.
- Score into the mixture, quite deep, making squares or diamond shapes.
- Bake at 350°F, 180°C, gas mark 4 for an ho