- Soak the kombu in the water for 30 minutes and then put on to boil. Just as it starts to boil, remove from the heat and remove the kombu sheets, these have now done their job and can be discarded.
- Allow to cool or use immediately.
- Cut the broccoli heads into florets.
- Bring the kombu water to the boil and add the broccoli florets.
- Boil rapidly for 4 minutes only and whilst hot pour into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add a little seasoning to taste if needed.
- Cool quickly to avoid discolouration and chill to be reheated later.
Briefly clean the mushrooms ready for cooking.
- Heat the soup in a sauce pan and pour into warm bowls.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small frying pan, add the girolles and cook for 1 minute, adding a little pepper to taste.
- Drain onto some kitchen paper and sprinkle onto the soup.
- Finally lay your borage flowers on top.